Your Child’s Learning Journey
Here at Stepping Stones we use an online system called iConnect to document the Learning Journey that your child undertakes during their time with us. This is available for you to view at any time by logging into your ‘Parent Zone’ account. This enables you to stay up-to-date with the progress that your child is making, view uploaded observations and termly assessments and helps to give you a small insight into the types of activities they get up to – all from the comfort of your own computer, tablet or smart phone! Each uploaded observation is linked to the Early Years Foundation Stage and the Characteristics of Effective Learning, allowing you to see exactly how your child is meeting and progressing through the framework. They are also usually uploaded with lots of lovely pictures so you can see how much fun your child is having.
Parents find the system particularly beneficial during settling in and transition periods as it helps to reassure them that their child is happy and settled, allowing you to continue on with your day worry and guilt free!
Having an online system really helps to boost our parent partnership levels and strengthen links between home and nursery life. Parents are able to upload photos and comments too allowing our team of Early Years Practitioners to see what your child has been getting up to over the weekend or share in the joy of them doing something for the first time at home. Fostering an intrinsically linked relationship such as this is fantastic for the all-round development of your child and really helps us to ensure we are constantly providing your child with the very best opportunities for learning and play.
With the safety of your child first and foremost in our mind, we have chosen a reputable provider who have considered all the necessary safeguarding procedures surrounding online Learning Journey software. The system has security features such as:
- All data is highly encrypted so information and photos cannot be read or seen by any third party.
- In order to gain access onto Parent Zone, parents are sent a unique ‘set-up’ activation link by the nursery and set their own password to allow for subsequent logins.
- Nursery management can control account access and the time of day users have access, meaning that information and photos cannot be viewed outside of working hours, or off the nursery premises.
- Parent Zone software and servers are continuously monitored and tested for any sign of security weaknesses and software updates are made to ensure the system remains up-to-date with all the latest security features.
- Connection to iConnect and Parent Zone is protected by industry standard SSL/TLS Certificates which ensure nobody can eavesdrop on your connection. You can rest assured; your data is super safe.